Classical Sheet Music for Your Wedding
It’s the time of year when we at music-scores start thinking about the wedding sheet music we have on the site. St Valentine’s Day is coming up in a few weeks time and we’re sure many of you will proposing to your loved ones. Or you may be the person who will be proposed to! So if you find yourself needing to begin planning for your wedding day, read on.
At music-scores.com we have a large catalogue of wedding sheet music available. Whether it’s going to be a traditional or modern affair, indoors or outside, choosing the right music is an important decision. We’ll take you through the different parts of a ceremony and make our suggestions for your big day. You can listen to the music on the website and then discuss your likes with your musicians, giving them plenty of time to practise.
Prelude Wedding Sheet Music
These are pieces that are suitable for your musicians to play whilst your guests are assembling ahead of the wedding ceremony.
- Beethoven. Op.27, No2 Sonata 14 Moonlight – a well known atmospheric piece arranged for Flute
- Bach. bwv 1068 Air on G – the 2nd movement of Orchestral Suite No.3: for Wind Quartet
- Massenet. Thais, Act 2 Meditation – a gorgeous piece, arranged for Clarinet and Piano
- Schumann. Op.15 Scenes from Childhood 07 Dreaming – an intimate piece for Cello and Piano
Processional Wedding Sheet Music
Here we have some perfect wedding sheet music for whoever is walking up the aisle ahead of the ceremony.
- Wagner. Wedding March from Lohengrin – a rousing arrangement here for 3 Euphoniums and Tuba
- Handel. Solomon Arrival of the Queen of Sheba – the Sinfonia from the oratorio, Solomon, arranged for 2 Flutes, Clarinet and Bass Clarinet
- Clarke. Suite in D Trumpet Voluntary – No.4 from Suite in D, The Prince of Denmark March for Trumpet and Organ
- Pachelbel. Canon in D – instantly recognisable, Pachelbel’s Canon in D has been the influence in many modern pieces of music
Music While You Sign the Register
At this point the ceremony is almost over and your guests can enjoy a musical interlude whilst you get on the important paperwork.
- MacDowell. To a Wild Rose – from Woodland Sketches, conjuring up the image of a calm, summer day in the countryside
- Franck. Panis Angelicus – or Bread of Angels for SATB choir
- Debussy. Suite Bergamasque 03 Clair de Lune – the light of the moon; sometimes mystical, sometimes stirring, and always atmospheric
- Dvorak. Largo theme from the New World Symphony No. 9 Op. 95 – this well known theme arranged for piano
Recessional or Exit Wedding Sheet Music
Some joyful wedding sheet music here as you end the ceremony and get ready to continue the celebrations with your guests as a married couple.
- Mendelssohn. Op.61 Midsummer Nights Dream Bridal March – arranged as a quartet for flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon
- Handel. Fireworks Music La Réjouissance – this celebratory piece is arranged as a Quintet for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet and Bassoon
- Vivaldi. Op.8 No.4 The Four Seasons Winter 1st mt – Allegro 1st movement for 3 Violins and Cello
- Mozart. K525 Eine Kleine Nacht Musik 1 – 1st movement arranged for Flute, Clarinet and Cello
We hope you like our suggestions. There are plenty more wedding sheet music pieces to choose from on the site. Do remember that members of music-scores.com can request transpositions for particular instruments. Just contact us in the usual way.